CITY OF IMLAY CITY RESIDENTS
BRANCH & BRUSH CHIPPING
On the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month starting in April through the end of November the City will be picking up brush. Branches cannot exceed 4” in diameter and brush with roots must be free of dirt and stones. The City is not responsible for large amounts of brush from tree trimming, tree removal, or clearing of property. Property owners should contact a tree service for excessive brush removal. Please contact City Hall at (810) 724-2135 for additional information.
YARD WASTE & BRUSH PICK UP
The garbage haulers will be picking up yard waste and small brush on Tuesdays starting at the beginning of April through the end of November. Please place yard waste in marked yard waste containers or biodegradable bags and bundle branches 1” or less in diameter. Bundles and yard waste containers cannot exceed 40 lbs. Yard waste should not be raked to the curb. Please contact City Hall at (810) 724-2135 for additional information.
City of Imlay City Brush Pick-Up Policy
The Department of Public Works (DPW) would like to remind residents of our current brush pick-up policy. We ask residents to please follow brush pick-up regulations as they keep our equipment running smoothly, and make our employees’ jobs more efficient and safe while continuing to make Imlay City a clean and great place to live.
- Brush chipping will take place on the first and third Monday of each month starting in April through the end of November.
- Brush can be placed at the curb at a maximum of 2 days prior to the scheduled chipping date and by 7:00 a.m. of the scheduled chipping day.
- The DPW will not chip full trees that have been taken down.
- Stack brush as close to the curb as possible, with the cut ends parallel with the curb.
- Stack piles neatly so that branches do not become entangled.
- Brush should be a minimum of 3 feet in length, a maximum of 10 feet in length and limbs should be no more than 4 inches thick in diameter.
- Do not block the sidewalk or the street.
- Do not stack brush with yard waste. Yard waste cannot be chipped. Please discard yard waste properly by bagging it in approved bags or containers marked “yard waste” for the garbage hauler to pick up.
- Brush stacked for collection must be free of all nails, wires, debris, roots, vines, litter, and non-brush material.
- The DPW will not access private property to gather brush.
- Brush piles that are not neat and orderly will not be picked up.
- Brush piles that are placed out too soon or too late will be required to be removed from the curbside until the next scheduled pickup date.
- Once the chipper has been down a street, it will not return until the next regularly scheduled pick-up date.
Found on the I-69 corridor less than an hour away from Detroit, Flint, Port Huron, and Canada, Imlay City is easily accessible by road, water, air, and rail, making it a strategic hub for many businesses and manufacturers.
Easy to Get To with All the Charm a Small Town Offers
Imlay City boasts a small-town atmosphere that is connected to big-time population centers.
Our quaint downtown includes beautifully manicured landscaping with bench-lined sidewalks and exceptional shopping—a welcome retreat from busy city life.
The City of Imlay City also maintains six city parks including the newly developed Butterfly Garden located on Third Street.
Whether you want to enjoy an afternoon stroll, frolic on the playground, or relax while reading a book, Imlay City has a park just for you!
Sign up for eNotifications
When you sign up for eNotifications you are added into our email database for announcements only. Within 24 hours of an announcement being posted to this website you will receive the same announcement as an email.
Proud to be a Tree City USA Community
The Tree City USA program has been greening up cities and towns across America since 1976. It is a nationwide movement that provides the framework necessary for communities to manage and expand their public trees.
Imlay City is one of 3,400 communities that has made the commitment to becoming a Tree City USA. The City has achieved Tree City USA status by meeting four core standards of sound urban forestry management: Maintaining a tree board or department, having a community tree ordinance, spending at least $2 per capita on urban forestry and celebrating Arbor Day.
150 North Main Street
Imlay City, MI 48444
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Mark Your Calendar
Signup for Imlay City Nixle Text Alerts:
Text 48444 to 888777
Brush Pick Up
1st and 3rd Mondays
April thru November
No Parking on City Streets
2:30 AM- 6:30 AM
November 15 - April 15
A drop box is located on the west side of the building for after hour correspondence.